M G Harish

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Distaster Management

Now the exams are coming to an end, and I have something related to them to be shared among you. Well, not about the exams, but about the preparations. Majority of the students reading for the exams can be classified in three main categories:

  1. Regular readers: who remain up-to-date with the portions covered,

  2. Those who read during the study holidays: category in which majority of the engineering students fall and

  3. Eleventh hour readers: those who do not open the book until a day before the exam

Unfortunately, I can't describe the first two categories in detail, because of my scarce cognizance in them. However I can tell many advantages and many more disadvantages of the third kind...

I can't tell whether it is a hobby, or has become a habit. As far as I can tell, it was neither, until that fine day when I joined this engineering. I used to study the books well before the exams. But this technical course changes the way you live! And I can tell, I am not alone in this minority category...

Many of my friends wonder, how I manage to be online for the most of the time. It is not a problem at all when I have nothing else to do! Yes. Since I fall in the third category, I won't be reading at any other time. So I have all the time in the world to be online. One more advantage of reading at the last moment is that you don't have to do revision (In fact, there will not be time for it)

Now on to the other side of it. It has some serious disadvantages. If you are not mentally fit, or don't have the capacity of reading more than 80 pages per hour, be ready for the disaster! You can't finish the syllabus. Also, health adds to the consideration. If you get headache or some other problem at that time, having read nothing, it would be better not to go to the exam. So beware! this is not for the faint heart!

Having said this, it is time for me to go for disaster management... It is up to you to decide what not to do.

Like the post? You may want to...
Digg this

0 comments: